Re: Suggested amendment to www.gnu.org/software/emacs/download.html#wind

From: David Wardle
Subject: Re: Suggested amendment to www.gnu.org/software/emacs/download.html#windows
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2017 18:09:02 +1300

Hi everyone.

I have edited the Wikipedia page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_comparison_tools
... to give readers some warning that, although Ediff can be used with
Windows, it's currently not easy to install unless you have knowledge
of using GNU software in a Windows environment.  I don't like doing
this because it will obviously deter prospective Ediff (and hence
Emacs users) (and, after I did finally manage to get Ediff working, I
did find it useful).  However, I feel that it's only fair to give
readers such a warning or they, like me, might end up wasting a lot of
their time.  A better solution would be to make Ediff easier to
install but I leave it with you.

Sincerely,

David Wardle.