The name gnus-cloud.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: The name gnus-cloud.el
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 16:26:57 -0500

  > I had some followups, last one:
  > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-07/msg00617.html

I looked at the old conversation.  It was said that the name
gnus-cloud.el was a joke.  I asked, what is the joke, and no one said.

Now that the file is installed, I can look at it.  I don't see
anything in the file that is evidently a joke.  What is the joke?

Back then, you said,

    OK, I'll let you and Lars and the maintainers figure it out. Let's do
    the rename, if that's the decision, after the current gnus-cloud code is
    reviewed and merged, or it will get confusing (because the feature
    branch currently removes the old gnus-sync.el).

That time has now arrived.

The file starts with this:

;;; gnus-cloud.el --- storing and retrieving data via IMAP

So how about renaming it to gnus-imap.el?  That name is clear and fits
what the program does.

Or perhaps gnus-imap-sync.el; it would say more about what functionality
the file provides.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Skype: No way! See https://stallman.org/skype.html.