Re: What improvements would be truly useful?

From: Toon Claes
Subject: Re: What improvements would be truly useful?
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 12:44:28 +0100

IMHO, one thing that I would find interesting is proper support
for multiple major modes.

I know there has been some talking about this in the past:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-04/msg00585.html

But I'm not sure what the outcome was of that very long thread.

I only know later on some improvements were made to have html, css, and
js modes working together:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2017-01/msg00775.html

But still having great multiple major mode support--with islands having
their own major and minor modes--would make Emacs a more modern editor.

-- Toon