Re: [elpa] externals/ebdb 9e7a96f: Add experimental ebdb-completion-at-p

From: Thomas Fitzsimmons
Subject: Re: [elpa] externals/ebdb 9e7a96f: Add experimental ebdb-completion-at-point-function
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 06:54:10 -0400

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> +;; Experimental completion-at-point function.  I'm not sure this is a
>>> +;; good idea yet -- with a large enough EBDB database, nearly any
>>> +;; string is completable, meaning the other completion-at-point
>>> +;; functions will rarely get a chance.

See also: eudc-expand-inline, which works at point as long as the
to-be-completed string is the only thing between beginning-of-line and
point.  This is what I use for inline BBDB and LDAP completion anywhere
in Emacs, not just in message-mode headers.  It's useful, for example,
when adding someone's email address to an Org-mode entry (type a few
letters of their first name, then M-x eudc-expand-inline).

Maybe we could add an EBDB backend for EUDC.

Thomas