Re: State of the overlay tree branch?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: State of the overlay tree branch?
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 08:55:59 -0400

> I'm not sure, because the profile indicates memrchr is a significant
> runner-up in the CPU time usage.

Oh, indeed I wasn't clear: it won't solve the "too many markers" case,
but it will still be useful, especially in the case where there aren't
too many markers.

My experience with nlinum--line-number-at-pos is that it's a low-hanging
fruit.  If the solution can be implemented directly inside
line-number-at-pos it'd be even better.

        Stefan