Re: Emacs-26.0.91: switch-to-buffer-other-window runs too slowly (about

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs-26.0.91: switch-to-buffer-other-window runs too slowly (about 0.1s)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 08:00:34 -0400

>> No, it's very much possible and easy, but if we're in such a situation
>> before display-buffer is called (i.e. it was not considered a problem
>> before we called display-buffer), why should we assume that
>> display-buffer should change it?
> The caller of 'display-buffer' may have selected an invisible or
> iconified frame.  We nowhere rule out such a possibility.

That's indeed what I said: "it's very much possible and easy".

And he just as well may have selected a frame that's deiconified but
hidden under tens of other frames (or other applications's windows).

Which is why I think the logic should be the same for "visible" as for
"raised".

        Stefan "not to mention the case of the frame being in another
                workspace"