Re: Contributing to Emacs Calc Documentation and improving the Integrati

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Contributing to Emacs Calc Documentation and improving the Integration Algorithm
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 09:50:12 -0400

> It would be great to get calc better, stronger, faster.  I was around
> during the early development (my name's even in the docs for a couple of
> things), but it seems not to have gotten a lot of attention lately.

Indeed, Jay Belanger <address@hidden> did a good job
maintaining it for several years, but since then he moved to SXEmacs
(IIUC in part because of its support for bignums), leaving our Calc
maintainerless.  Maybe it would be worthwhile to try and see how we
could sync the changes he's made to SXEmacs's Calc (might require moving
ahead with the addition of bignums to Emacs, which would be a good idea
in any case).

        Stefan