Blink Cursor mode is off by default

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Blink Cursor mode is off by default
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 19:48:51 +0300

Commit 2db57579b08ac99c464b6d3698648b3167fc5d55 caused what the
Subject says: blink-cursor-mode is now off by default on GUI frames.
(I see this on Windows, but I cannot imagine it is any different on
other GUI platforms.)  (Judging by lack of complaints, perhaps we
should just turn that mode off by default ;-)

It happened because that commit moved the call to
custom-reevaluate-setting to an earlier place during startup, and the
initial window-system is not yet set up at that place.  So the
condition in blink-cursor-mode evaluates to nil, and the mode is
disabled.

I can see several ways out of this:

  . Move the call to custom-reevaluate-setting back where it was, and
    instead call custom-reevaluate-setting in that earlier place only
    for Info-default-directory-list, which was the original reason why
    the call was moved;
  . Add a call to custom-reevaluate-setting for blink-cursor-mode
    where the window-system is already set up;
  . Call custom-reevaluate-setting for all the delayed-init variables
    twice: once where we do that now, and again where we did that
    before the above commit;
  . Introduce yet another variable similar to
    custom-delayed-init-variables, but separate from it, and put on
    it all the delayed-init variables that need the window-system to
    be set up, leaving all the rest in custom-delayed-init-variables.

I tend to favor the 3rd alternative, as it is relatively easy and at
the same time reliable.  The first two mean a significant maintenance
burden to consider each new variable whether it needs an additional
evaluation after window-system setup; the last alternative is maybe
too complex.

Comments?