Re: Why is custom--inhibit-theme-enable not t by default?

From: Basil L. Contovounesios
Subject: Re: Why is custom--inhibit-theme-enable not t by default?
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 16:56:51 +0300

>   > I think themes are special in this regard: loading a theme activates
>   > it.
>
> Do we really want loading the file to activate the theme?
>
> We could instead have a command to select a theme, which autoloads
> the theme if necessary.

Wouldn't a simpler solution be to change the interactive spec of the
command load-theme to conditionally specify a non-nil NO-ENABLE
argument?  This argument could, for example, be toggled based on the
value of a new user option or an additional yes-or-no prompt.

WDYM by "autoload a theme", by the way, and how would that differ from
the means by which the function custom-available-themes determines which
themes are available for loading?

--
Basil