Re: git question

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: git question
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 21:23:49 +0700

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 9:03 PM Jean-Christophe Helary
<address@hidden> wrote:

> When I do a git pull and I get, for ex:
>
>  etc/NEWS       |  6 ++++++
>  lisp/info.el   |  4 ++--
>  lisp/server.el | 10 ++++++----
>
> like I just had.
>
> What git command should I use to examine what are the modifications on the
> three above files?

Normally you would first do a “git fetch”, then see the diff between
current state and the remote branch, and only then decide if you want
to merge that:

$ git fetch
$ git diff HEAD..origin/master
$ git merge origin/master

(substitute a different remote branch name as necessary).

But if you did a blind pull already, you can look back this way:

$ git diff address@hidden