Re: vc-dir operation is very slow on large git repositories in Emacs 26.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: vc-dir operation is very slow on large git repositories in Emacs 26.1
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 18:12:03 +0300

> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, Sergey Organov <address@hidden>,
>  address@hidden, address@hidden
> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 12:41:49 +0300
>
> So I think we should try it and see if anything broken comes up?

Yes.  Although I'm slightly scared because the man pages say

  OPTIONS
    -c
    --cached
      Show cached files in the output (default)
    -u
    --unmerged
      Show unmerged files in the output (forces --stage)

which doesn't sound equivalent to me.  But then I can never understand
the Git documentation well enough to be sure what it says...

> Eli, OK for emacs-26?

If you are sure -c and -u are equivalent here, yes, please.

Thanks.