Re: scratch/accurate-warning-pos: Solid progress: the branch now bootstr

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: scratch/accurate-warning-pos: Solid progress: the branch now bootstraps.
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 21:13:46 -0800

Stefan Monnier wrote:
If we only do it for cons cells, then we don't need hashing: we can make
"fat-cons-cells" which contain extra position info after car/cdr.

Yes, that's basically what I was proposing. Also, we'd probably need a boolean flag in each struct cons_block so that C (or maybe Lisp) code can quickly distinguish between a fat pair and a thin (normal) one, which should also be cheap and easy to do. (Not that I'm volunteering to do it right now....)