Re: Emacs i18n (was: bug#34520: delete-matching-lines should report how

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs i18n (was: bug#34520: delete-matching-lines should report how many lines it deleted)
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 21:09:07 -0500

  > I don't see why it wouldn't work for Elisp. The gettext infrastructure
  > allows multiple message catalogs in the same session.

Please try it and see.

If we need to replace gettext.c with Lisp code, that won't be hard,
When we come to that point, people will be enthusiastic about
translations and someone will do it.

What I think is crucial is to be compatible with the gettext
infrastructure for writign, maintaining and distributing translations.
Moving the code in Emacs to Lisp would not conflict with that.

--
Dr Richard Stallman