Re: Fill column indicator functionality

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Fill column indicator functionality
Date: Sat, 04 May 2019 13:29:10 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> It looks like we need only to keep the background colour also for the
>> indicator.
>
> Are you sure that's all?  And that some users won't want the indicator
> face's background to prevail?

This feature is about a vertical line, not a vertical line plus some
colored space around it. Just because the line is emulated by a sequence
of characters does not mean that we must provide char-related
customizations beyond the strictly necessary (i.e. the char used to draw
the line).

Indeed, the background effect when there is an active region is a bit
jarring and it would be nice to fix it, but IMHO it is not a
show-stopper so if there is no easy fix, leave it as it is.