Re: ange-ftp with lftp

From: _RDS_
Subject: Re: ange-ftp with lftp
Date: Sun, 5 May 2019 11:59:44 -0700

Actually, I have never heard of ange-ftp + lftp. It's an experiment. (Maybe a waste of time.)

>lftp seems to write to its output something that ange-ftp is not expecting.

That is likely the problem. Also emacs completely locks up unless I call lftp with -d, the debug option.

I am attempting to emulate anonymous FTP in Midnight Commander (which works seamlessly) on my emacs. Any ideas on how to proceed?

Thanks.

Guido

On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 11:37 AM Yuri Khan <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 12:32 AM _RDS_ <address@hidden> wrote:

> But why does messages buffer still show:
>
> "tramp-file-name-handler: FTP Error: OPEN request failed: lftp :~> ---- Resolving host address..."

Do you know from somewhere that ange-ftp actually works with lftp as
the backend program? As far as I understand, it start it as a
subprocess, sends commands through its standard input, and expects
something that ange-ftp is not expecting.

Also: When on a mailing list, keep the mailing list address in Cc.
Unless you want to go private, which, most of the time, you don’t.