Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 17:32:05 -0400

> Instead, GitLab wants me to use the Web browser for most of these.
> This means the Web browser now becomes a very important program for
> me, I need to start learning it much more than I bothered until now, I
> need to keep it updated at all times, I need to customize it (more
> things to learn and try), etc.

It's even much worse: web browsers can't be customized, by and large,
and their behavior depends more on the web-site you're visiting than on
your customizations.  So, you're basically stuck with whatever the
website author chooses.

> I wonder if I'm the only one here who feels that way.

Definitely not.  The web-browser has its up-sides, but working within it
is a royal PITA.

        Stefan