Re: Improving aesthetics & readability of backquote

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Improving aesthetics & readability of backquote
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 16:19:29 -0400

  > I'm only suggesting to give people
  > (particularly those new to Emacs) the freedom to choose a more
  > literal syntax that fits with the aesthetics of the surrounding
  > code.

We must not do that.  That would lead to such usage creeping into Lisp
code.

I don't believe this syntax would help people learn Lisp.  If you have
some hard evidence, that might convince me, but I think you are
simply speculating.

It seems impossible that changes in Emacs Lisp would convince people
to start editing with Emacs.

--
Dr Richard Stallman