Re: Add support for base64url variant

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Add support for base64url variant
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 10:43:56 +0300

> From: Pierre Téchoueyres <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 00:32:19 +0200
>
> I'm actually working on an emacs library to work with JWT (JSON Web
> Token) as described in RFC 7519 / 7797.  To achive that I must use an
> variant of base 64 encoding named base64url as described in RFC4648.
>
> Actually Emacs doesn't provide this variant.  I've attached an attempt
> to implement it at C level.
>
> I'm avare that my patch is far from perfect and I would welcome any
> help or comments to improve it.

Thanks, but please avoid posting such large patches as long as you
don't have a copyright assignment for Emacs on file.  That's because
just by reading the patch, people will remember some of the
implementation, and will then have hard time to come up with a
different one, should your copyright assignment paperwork not come
through.

If you'd like to sign the forms, I will send them to you.  Then we
could revisit the patch when the legal paperwork is done.

Thanks again for working on this.