Re: Add support for base64url variant

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Add support for base64url variant
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 12:50:26 +0300

> Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 11:25:34 +0200
> From: Pierre Téchoueyres <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Hello Eli,
> >
> > Thanks, but please avoid posting such large patches as long as you
> > don't have a copyright assignment for Emacs on file.
>
> I have already signed paperwork for TRAMP and, I think, for Emacs.
> But maybe there is something wrong with them ?

I do see the assignment for Tramp, but not for Emacs.

> If you can't find my previous assignment, then yes send me them back.

Will send off-list.

> I would like to have some discussion on how to improve some points :
> - Is adding parameter to existing functions the way to go or is it
> better to add new ones for base64url

I think an optional argument will be fine.

> - I would like to improve base64-decode* in a way it could detect the
> variant but actually don't know how to do that.

Maybe someone else will have an idea.  Is such an algorithmic
detection described someplace?

> - The documentations is not really what I would like to see (and there
> my English is faulty)

Don't worry about that, we will polish it when the time comes.  Thanks
for providing the documentation in the first place.