Re: Improving aesthetics & readability of backquote

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: Improving aesthetics & readability of backquote
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 12:14:44 -0400

> * Paul W. Rankin <address@hidden> [2019-05-20 13:03:21 +1000]:
>
> For as long as I've used Emacs Lisp, I've found the backquote[1] to be
> ugly and unreadable, to the extent that I've gone to lengths to avoid
> using it.

Backquote is a relatively advanced lisp feature, mostly used in macros
(which comprise a whole separate advanced domain).
If you find backquote "ugly and unreadable", it is possible that you
might not be quite advanced in your lisp skills yet.
Do you really _need_ backquote? Do you write complex macros all the time?

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1671
http://childpsy.net http://calmchildstories.com http://steingoldpsychology.com