Re: Signal `quit' in a `font-lock-fontify-region-function'

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Signal `quit' in a `font-lock-fontify-region-function'
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 13:50:09 -0400

> But would it make sense to adjust fontification code to disable
> fontification in the current buffer if fontification function is
> killed with C-g several times?

Yes but: there's the obvious question of "how many C-g are
necessary", as well as making sure this doesn't misfire just because the
user hits C-g several times for some other reason.

IOW, to do this, we'd need to make sure that Emacs was busy font-locking
this one buffer during all this time, or something like that.

Also, I get the impression that we'd want this kind of behavior for more
than just font-lock.

        Stefan