Re: master fe939b3 1/2: Fix reference to `tags-loop-continue' in doc str

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: master fe939b3 1/2: Fix reference to `tags-loop-continue' in doc string
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2019 20:27:22 +0200

Robert Pluim <address@hidden> writes:

> Ah, you mean like this? I hope I have the eval-when-compile stuff
> right. And if you do 'dired-do-search' followed by
> 'xref-find-definitions' it would be easy to confuse yourself.
>
> We could find a new binding for fileloop-continue, which also breaks
> backwards compatibility, but then at least thereʼs a default binding.

[...]

> +(eval-when-compile (declare-function fileloop-continue "fileloop" ()))

I don't think this is necessary -- you can just have the
`declare-function' without any `eval-when-compile'.  But you should
probably include the arg list?

> +    (if (ring-empty-p ring)
> +        ;; Just in case we were in a fileloop sequence
> +        (fileloop-continue)

Yes, that's what I wondered would work.  Are there any drawbacks to
doing something like this?  Perhaps the interface becomes a bit...
unpredictable?