Re: master aae9ac2: Avoid an infloop in shr when filling text with :alig

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: master aae9ac2: Avoid an infloop in shr when filling text with :align-to properties
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 10:39:06 +0200

address@hidden (Lars Ingebrigtsen) writes:

> +  (setq d dom)

This reminds me: Aren't there any good ways to get at variables in the
debugger?  If you have

;;; -*- lexical-binding: t -*-

(defun foo (bar)
  (let ((zot 1))
    (debug)))

then you can `e bar RET' to display the value of `bar'.  But if you say
`(setq a bar)', you get

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable bar)

What's up with that?

Furthermore, if you `v' stack line, you get:

  foo(t)
    bar = t

That's nice, but again there's no way to get at that value that I'm
aware of.  This only matters when you have long (and possibly
unprintable) values, of course, but then you have to resort to putting
setqs in the source code, which sucks.

Could we add a command that, when on a variable value, copies the value
into...  uhm...  a variable prompted for by the command?  Sounds pretty
trivial to implement.