Re: Question about display engine

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Question about display engine
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 10:25:58 +0200

> To test them try to disable the :extend for the region face and select a
> region with empty lines see if this is a right behavior (I think
> so). Now the extra space is colored like the text no with the extend
> face in gui and tui interfaces..

FWIW I see no problems in this regard.  One thing that surprises me on
a TTY is that the 'region' background does not cover the background of
'widget-field' (as it does on a GUI) but apparently this seems to have
been the case ever since.

Maybe also the :extend attribute of the default face should show up as
"On" by default but I wouldn't even know where to specify that.

For the rest, I'm all for installing this ASAP so we can see what kind
of problems people have with it.  I do expect some sort of breakage in
external packages.

Thanks for all your work, martin