Re: VOTE: Changing completions-common-part face's default

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: VOTE: Changing completions-common-part face's default
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2019 08:52:42 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2019 16:42:50 -0500
>
> Concretely the patch I'm suggesting is the one below, which makes it so
> the "common-part" (e.g. the common prefix in the case basic completion)
> of the completions has a blue3 foreground rather than being identical to
> `default`

Hm... so the "common part" will be highlighted as blueish and the
"first difference" will stay just bold?  Does that look good?  IOW,
will the bold character be seen right next to a blue one?  Maybe we
should also change the default definition of the first-difference
face?

I'd actually expect this face to use the background, because that's
how other applications behave, and I thought this change was motivated
by that?

Also, what will this do to the output of the more aggressive
completion styles?

> we'd also want to find a color for the dark background case,

Right.