Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 21:33:35 +0000

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019, 18:10 Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> wrote:
Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> On 17.11.2019 19:49, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>> All the user has to do is hit the "reply" button in the mail reader
>> they're using.  How is that user-hostile?
>
> It's like an adventure computer game where you need to type what to
> do, what do say, etc. Heartwarming to someone who grew up in that era
> and, like, 30 years out of date.

Users don't need to do any of that -- they just send and email, and us
busy bee Emacs peeps issue the magical incantations.

It's a Mechanical Turk kind of bug tracker.  But it sure is user
friendly.

FWIW I agree. A bug tracker based on email only is a fine thing.

Now I just wish Gnus was much much faster with Gmail. That's what really complicates things for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Probably I haven't studied Gnus enough.

João