Re: Criticism of jit-lock--antiblink-post-command

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Criticism of jit-lock--antiblink-post-command
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 08:38:24 -0500

>> even if you're not expecting it to make a noticeable
>> difference.
> Hmm, I do expect best practices to make noticeable
> differences, at least for some value of "noticeable".

In the case of manually deleting markers, it tends to be negligible in
most cases, but it can and does become noticeable when pushed harder.

We arguably could/should replace the singly-linked-list of markers with
another data structure that doesn't suffer from those algorithmic
problems, but ...

        Stefan