Re: Starting the Emacs 27 release cycle

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Starting the Emacs 27 release cycle
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 06:55:28 +0100

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm still not sure if a fancier look is worth the trouble,
> especially since in some sense it's a change for the worse:
> it takes too much screen space, so less tabs can fit into the tab bar.
>
> Please see the difference: the first image is the current tab shapes,
> on the second image you can see that less tabs can be displayed
> on the tab bar:

FWIW, and this is of course highly subjective, but I think the rounded
style looks much better, more professional and more modern.  The
trade-off with regards to screen real estate will be well worth it for
the default case, I think.  If we decide to go that way, we could
always keep the other look around as an option for those working on
smaller screens.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas