Re: emacs-27 027da65: Fix display of minibuffer prompt in ido.el

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: emacs-27 027da65: Fix display of minibuffer prompt in ido.el
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 13:00:43 +0200

On 14.02.2020 10:08, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
That said, if you (or someone else) have other good reasons we would
like not to publish this property, which are stronger than the
considerations that led me to document it, I'm all ears.

I don't think there are many external packages left to worry about, especially if we take care of Ivy, from a recent bug report (which might be entirely unrelated to minibuffer-message).

But continuing to support the new text property only takes a few lines, so it's not the end of the world either.