Re: :alnum: broken?

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: :alnum: broken?
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2020 08:56:08 +0100

On Mon, Mar 02 2020, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
That makes me cringe. If I use flycheck, I want my files to be 100%
warning-free.  What should I do with the line

(require 'request)

then, when it gives the error (not even warning!):

"Cannot open load file: No such file or directory, request (emacs-lisp)"?

(Of course, I have the `request' package installed.)

Yeah, that's been an issue with flycheck that I've had since I first started using it. `require` statements for packages installed through Melpa or for local files (even in the same directory) are always flagged. I've been meaning to ask the flycheck devs about this for a long time but I never got round to it.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments