Re: Concurrency Library

From: Ag Ibragimov
Subject: Re: Concurrency Library
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 12:59:51 -0700

I would love to see Clojure's core.async ported to elisp.

On Mon 30 Mar 2020 at 20:42, Zach Shaftel <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm wondering if there's interest in a library which wraps threads,
mutices and condition-variables into higher level constructs like
futures, readers-writer locks, agents, concurrent queues etc. I'm
considering this as a project for Summer of Code, but not sure if
it's something others would want included with Emacs.

I can say from personal experience that I don't bother making
programs concurrent in languages with only primitives like mutices
and semaphores, but in Clojure I'll happily spin up agents to
coordinate work. My hope is that the concision and built-in safety
provided by these abstractions could encourage more authors to make
their ELisp programs concurrent.

Thoughts?

-Zach