Re: Perl and Emacs: Developing tests for progmodes

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Perl and Emacs: Developing tests for progmodes
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 20:34:15 +0300

> From: Harald Jörg <haj@posteo.de>
> Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 15:42:47 +0200
> Cc: Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com>,
>  Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
>
> To solve this, we could:
>
>  - Split the tests into two and manually copy over tests where this
>    makes sense or:
>
>  - Split the tests into a "common" set plus two sets for the specific
>    modes (how would the files be named in that case?) or:
>
>  - Keep all tests in one file and tag the individual tests.
>
> Are there any similar cases in the set of Emacs packages, or
> conventions how to do it?

Don't perl-mode and cperl-mode live on 2 separate files?  We generally
have a structure under test/ that mirrors the file hierarchy of the
sources being tested, so it would be natural to have 2 separate files,
test/lisp/progmodes/perl-mode-tests.el and
test/lisp/progmodes/cperl-mode-tests.el.

Does that answer your question?