Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2020 13:44:08 +0100

On Mon, Sep 07 2020, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <jao@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> IMHO, the odds that an experienced user of emacs would ditch it just
>> because of a (for her, easily overriden) default change are virtually
>> nil; with a new user, the situation is almost the opposite.
>
> I don't think we should underestimate how annoying user interface
> changes can be.

Well, yes, but that cuts both ways: for new users with experience with
other editors or current environments, opening Emacs for the first time
amounts to a huge user interface change.

Cheers,
jao
--
Once you hear the details of victory, it is hard to distinguish it
from a defeat. -Jean-Paul Sartre, writer and philosopher (1905-1980)