Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2020 15:02:01 +0200

Hi Andrea,

Andrea Corallo via "Emacs development discussions."
<emacs-devel@gnu.org> writes:

> IMO our ultimate goal should be bringing more people into Emacs, GNU, and
> Free Software.  As many as we can I'd say.

You also need to keep a good balance between maintainers, contributors
and users--one that allows users to exert their famous freedom through
software that is both free and well maintained.

> I fear pleasing ourselves with a nostalgic toy may not be most effective
> strategy there.

As Eli said, nobody here is paid for working on Emacs, so if there is
a good idea out there (and Stefan's concept of profiles looks good to
me) then you need to work on it or to convince someone else to do so.

2 cents,

--
 Bastien