RE: A new user perspective about "Changes for emacs 28"

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: A new user perspective about "Changes for emacs 28"
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2020 14:39:41 -0700 (PDT)

> >> undo-tree is superior.
> >
> > So now you're proposing that as the default, instead
> > of the keybindings you proposed earlier today?
>
> Nope. You're welcome to re-read the original message.

No need to reread it.  But you're welcome to,
as many times as you like.

(Perhaps you're trying to pick a nit, in that you
supported that proposal but didn't initiate it.)
___

Do you think ordinary (non-Emacs) Undo plus
Redo is superior to Emacs undo, and for that
reason it should replace it as the default?

Or do you think it is inferior, but it should
replace Emacs undo as the default in spite of
being inferior?  Or perhaps _because_ of being
inferior?