Re: native-comp: load-true-file-name compatibility

From: Kevin Liu
Subject: Re: native-comp: load-true-file-name compatibility
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 07:25:08 -0700

Ah, you're right, that was a red herring.

The real problem is `sayid-version' is nil when it wasn't compiled in the
current emacs session.
So if I delete the sayid-xxx.eln then restart, it recompiles and it is properly
non-nil.
But I restart emacs again, `sayid-version' will be nil in the new session.

For me lm-version is defined in
/usr/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/lisp-mnt.el -- I haven't taken
the time to look at what it really does but I assume it parses the

;; Version: 0.1.0

line in an elisp file header.