Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 16:42:41 +0200

    Boruch> I do think it would be great for emacs to include a curated
collection
    Boruch> of sample init files descriptively labeled for use-case. I would go
    Boruch> further and suggest that the technique of using an org-mode file
with
    Boruch> embedded code blocks as one's emacs init file be adopted as
standard,
    Boruch> and be used for those collection of init files. That way each code
block
    Boruch> can be explained and annotated to 'new' users.

Now youʼre just trying to get me to start rummaging through the garage
for a pitchfork and some torches. There are experienced emacs users
who manage to shoot themselves in the foot with such a setup, any
sample init files should just be emacs lisp forms, with
comments. Thatʼs the only setup thatʼs almost guaranteed to work out
of the box.

Robert