Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 14:19:19 +0200

Cc: rekado@elephly.net, ghe@sdf.org, spacibba@aol.com, drew.adams@oracle.com,
 emacs-devel@gnu.org
From: Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 14:09:17 +0300

On 11.09.2020 13:41, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> If people prefer that, we could change the binding, I won't object.

But then we'll have no binding for `undo-redo`, just a menu item?

Or would you be fine with adding a binding for it too?

Why do we need a binding for it in the default configuration?  Not
every command available through the menus has a keybinding by default.

Hi Eli:

Could you reconsider my proposal of an undo-redo-mode to:

- Add the extra icon in the toolbar.
- Change the undo action in menu-bar and tool-bar by undo-only instead.
- Bind undo-redo to something in the keyboard.
- To enable it in some of the proposed user "profiles"
- Not bother the users that somehow won't like to have all that.

Having undo with an undo-redo in the same "state" could be confusing as
the normal undo could do also redo IMO.