Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 14:42:23 +0200

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 02:12:24PM +0200, Philip K. wrote:
Ergus <spacibba@aol.com> writes:

Good: I didn't know about it.

In case anyone else is not familiar with the Project, here's the link:
https://joinpeertube.org/

In this case we could start trying to contact the authors of the videos
already existent in youtube asking to copy them to peertube so we can
link them.

In principle they can keep a copy in youtube but we won't refer to
them.

Is it possible to create channels in peertube? If so, then maybe we
could create an "official" emacs channel and then some playlists there
for the creators.

Yes, it's possible to create a channel

    https://docs.joinpeertube.org/#/use-create-upload-video

and playlists can be created too:

   https://docs.joinpeertube.org/#/use-library?id=playlist

--
        Philip K.

I also think that Mike Zamansky is the right guy for this task because
he has a very long set of video. Hopefully he will reply positively to
do an extra set of short videos/screen only about embedded
features. That we could recommend as video-tutorials in peertube.

There is also Sacha Chua, Howard Abrams, Derek Banas. All of them with
good formatted (but usually long) videos about emacs.

I prefer screen only videos because are more useful but also because
after a first version it could be easier to create versions in different
languages with them.

BTW I just contacted a couple of Spanish emacs youtubers. I am waiting
for their reply if they are willing to migrate/port their videos to
peertube to start with something.

Maybe some others here could do the same to contact youtubers in their
languages?