Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 09:25:41 +0300

> Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 00:14:35 +0200
> From: Ergus <spacibba@aol.com>
> Cc: ghe@sdf.org, "Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams@gnu.org>, tecosaur@gmail.com,
>  casouri@gmail.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> 4) Right click: (Probably it is the most lacking functionality and
> surprising for any user not using the terminal.) Right click is expected
> to bring a panel with the most common operations. It is useful, fast
> and somehow standard since 1995 while removing most of the needs of the
> toolbar which takes precious vertical space.

We have this on C-mouse-2 and C-mouse-3.  Putting those on mouse-2 and
mouse-3 would fly in the face of pasting text from the window-system
selection, which is something a text editor cannot possibly disable by
default.  Unless we are willing to abandon support for selections,
that is (which I guess what the "modern" editors did?).

> 5) sidebar: most code editors have a button somewhere in the interface
> to show/hide the sidebar to explore and open files/access symbols or see
> open files.

We have it in Options->Hide/Show.