Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Göktuğ Kayaalp
Subject: Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 14:10:10 +0300

On 2020-09-12 02:29 +03, Philip K. <philipk@posteo.net> wrote:
> If this is modern, I'd very much argue against modernizing.
[...]
> Maybe it would be better to aim for "Timeless", instead of "Modern".

A m e n.

Emacs has an aesthetic.  We may improve it, but must preserve it.  The
great beauty of it is that, like Vim or shell prompts, people with
diverging aesthetical preferences may make it look exactly the way they
want.  One guy who publishes often on /r/emacs is making pixel perfect
stuff, very beautiful and minimalist UX-wise.  Calls it "Elegant Emacs"
I guess.  But while it’s cool to look at I’d hate to have to work with
it.  The beauty of Emacs and similar is, everybody can have what they
want, what comes OOTB is but a canvas.

@Ergus: Off topic, but would you mind clipping out irrelevant parts of
the quoted messages when replying?  Not a huge thing but makes it just a
little bit more easier on the reader.

--
İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp / @cadadr / <https://www.gkayaalp.com/>
pgp:   024C 30DD 597D 142B 49AC 40EB 465C D949 B101 2427