Re: Context menus and mouse-3 [was: Changes for emacs 28]

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Context menus and mouse-3 [was: Changes for emacs 28]
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 02:10:58 +0300

On 16.09.2020 22:35, Juri Linkov wrote:
Mouse support is poor in Emacs, this is the reason
why I don't use the mouse in Emacs.  More below:
"Poor"? the below just says that other applications (which ones?) do
it slightly differently, that's all.  I don't see how what you say
justifies the "poor" part.
Yes, this is subjective, but while I use the mouse in other apps,
every time I try to use the mouse in Emacs, I can't make any sense of
default mouse bindings mess, so have to resort to the keyboard (where
Emacs keybindings are far superior to other apps).

Likewise.

I wonder how much of the "we only use keyboard" echos comes from the mouse bindings not being useful.

Like, if you want the context menu, you have to press Ctrl on the keyboard anyway. Might as well invoke the command from the keyboard entirely.