Re: Build failure in gettimeofday

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Build failure in gettimeofday
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 11:03:34 +0300

> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> From: martin rudalics <rudalics@gmx.at>
> Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 09:48:26 +0200
>
> That my keyboard layout apparently switched from Austrian to American in
> a rather spontaneous manner.  I now attribute this to the fact that an
> American layout was specified for that machine and apparently Windows XP
> caught a M-S prefixed key combination (or maybe some other one) before
> Emacs was able to process it.

Ah, yes.  Happens to me as well: holding Alt-Shift for too long, or
even releasing them before pressing them again for some Emacs command,
does cause the keyboard layout switch (actually, a language switch
event).  You need to watch out for that.

However in my case, fixing this takes another Alt-Shift press, I never
have to shut down Emacs.