Re: Memory usage report

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Memory usage report
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 22:30:11 +0800

> Well, Lars basically said the same, but neither of you explain _why_
> would something like that be useful.  Do tell, please.

I have noticed that loading my org files increases my emacs memory from
3% (out of 8Gb) to around 7%. Later, the memory grows to around 13-20%
(with most of memory reported by garbage-collect). I have no idea what
causes it, but I suspect org eating the memory. Seeing how much memory
is used by buffer-local variables in org buffers would help. Similarly,
total memory consumption in variables from individual packages would be
helpful to pinpoint why the memory usage is high.

Best,
Ihor