Re: [ELPA] New package: splash-screen

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: splash-screen
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 12:08:52 -0400

> Firefox does it with a yellow background.  Firefox web services does it
> in bold.  Libreoffice does it with no highlighting whatsoever.

Where/when do LibreOffice and Firefox display such a thing?

> I don't agree that it's a tangent. Emacs shows it "first thing you
> see", in all caps. Other software require either clicking one's way to
> the EULA, or requesting this info with --version.

Right.  That's the issue for me: the real estate of the "splash screen"
shouldn't be wasted on such information, especially since some could
read as "Oh, please take into account that we're so especially buggy
that we need to warn you first thing".

        Stefan