Re: A proposal for a friendlier Emacs

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: A proposal for a friendlier Emacs
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 07:16:13 +0300

* Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> [2020-09-29 05:33]:
> > Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 01:03:07 +0300
> > From: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
> > Cc: alexander.adolf@condition-alpha.com, Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com>,
> >  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> >
> > >   > No, it does not assert that.
> > >
> > >   >   Verb: conflate  kun'fleyt
> > >
> > >   >   Add together different elements
> > >   >   "The colours conflate well";
> > >   >   - blend, flux, mix, commingle, immix, fuse,
> > >   >     coalesce, meld, combine, merge
> > >
> > > I am surprised.  The only meaning I have ever seen
> > > is to mistakenly identify things that are different.
> > > If that is not what you meant, then I apologize for the mistake.
> >
> > That is why, there shall be function in Emacs to look up words in
> > dictionaries.
>
> You are suggesting that we have "conflate" in our Glossary?

I suggest that there shall be visible, exposed function to lookup
words in dictionaries.

Emacs words or technical words in info should be easily findable in
glossary.

Difference between dictionaries and glossary:

Glossary

* Overview of noun glossary

The noun glossary has 1 sense (first 1 from tagged texts)
1. (3) glossary, gloss -- (an alphabetical list of technical terms in some
specialized field of knowledge; usually published as an appendix to a text on
that field)

Dictionary

* Overview of noun dictionary

The noun dictionary has 1 sense (first 1 from tagged texts)
1. (52) dictionary, lexicon -- (a reference book containing an alphabetical
list of words with information about them)