Re: Confused by y-or-n-p

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Confused by y-or-n-p
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2021 00:16:55 -0500

  > When this happens in a released version, the resistance is justifiably
  > stronger.  But those cases should be (and are, IME) very rare.

My point is that they are not so rare -- there is a systematic tendency
for that to happen.

I am proposing a systematic way to make them less likely, by helping
people take notice that a UI change is being proposed, so they can
object quickly.

  > situation is actually the exact opposite: changes are being discussed
  > "to death" and sometimes never implemented due to controversy.

My proposal will help with that problem too.  Instead of waiting for a
resolution of the dispute, we should install the change with a user
option variable to enable the new behavior.  That bypasss the dispute.

--
Dr Richard Stallman