Re: Confused by y-or-n-p

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Confused by y-or-n-p
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2021 12:22:05 -0500

> I agree with you, but I think you are missing Richard's main point: any
> significant UI change should either require setting a variable, or provide
> a way to disable the new behavior / re-enable to old behavior.

I don't think that was Richard's point: we always go to great lengths to
make it possible to get back the old behavior (even for changes where
the impact is quite minor).

E.g. with respect to `y-or-n-p`, I think we already all agree that there
should be a way to recover the previous "modal" behavior.  We just need
someone to implement it (ideally while still preserving the improvement
of the new minibuffer-based code).

        Stefan