Re: Confused by y-or-n-p

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Confused by y-or-n-p
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2021 18:20:56 +0100

> To take the already-mentioned case as an example -- Martin wanted to
> have us try out horizontal scroll bars to see whether they work, so he'd
> flip them on, and announce on emacs-devel "these default to on for a
> week, and then we'll discuss".

That's a pipe dream.  My announcement back then was:

  Note that horizontal scrollbars are turned on by default on all builds
  that support them.  This is the only way I see to get them at least some
  initial coverage.  If you utterly dislike them (or do not use scrollbars
  at all) please use the idiom

  (when (fboundp 'horizontal-scroll-bar-mode)
    (horizontal-scroll-bar-mode -1))

  I intend to disable horizontal scrollbars by default in the next weeks.

What could I have done more?

martin