Re: Confused by y-or-n-p

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Confused by y-or-n-p
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 09:41:27 +0000

It is very easy to compare without having both behaviors in the same binary: just keep old binaries around. That's what I do, and it allows me to quickly see what was past behavior, and even perform a quick "bisection" when some new problem is reported. Highly recommended.

That's what I do, too. But you can't expect regular users to do this to compare two behaviors in order to give feedback.

Why not? This is not about any user, this is about people who track the Emacs development.

One of the things Richard had in mind in his proposal was "poll the users and see who likes [the new behavior] _and why_". Perhaps I misunderstood what he meant, but for me "the users" is much broader than "people who track the Emacs development".